Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Isle of Capris

I have to have capris to wear during the summer. Shorts aren't always appropriate and I have skirt issues. Never did I think finding such a popular summer item would be so difficult. CG had a disappointing selection, AE had very few and they were pricey, P had a decent selection but I wasn't prepared to pay what they were asking.
I hit it big when I walked into Reitmans. I must have tried on 12 pairs of capris in every fabric, colour and style imaginable. At $36 a pair, I ended up taking home three: beige, black and dark blue denim. My second biggest challenge was finding skorts - basically shorts with a skirt flap on the front. Reitmans doesn't have true skorts, but they do have some great short skirts with built-in shorts underneath. I bought a dark denim one, but they also have white, beige and khaki.
They also have a great selection of tops and white blouses that have already been marked down. Now, if I can just find tank tops.