Monday, July 30, 2007

YZZA

No, it’s not a typo and don’t ask me how to pronounce it. YZZA is a new division of Liz Claiborne. Their mandate is to carry good quality clothing made of cotton (or mostly cotton) and nothing in the store is priced at over $100. Right now they are offering 30% off already reduced summer merchandise.
While not impressed when I first saw the store, once inside I ended up with armfuls of items I wanted to try on. LOVED the fact their XL size actually looks and fits like an extra large. The sizing runs XS-XL or 4-18, so women of all shapes and sizes can find something that will fit them. They carry t-shirts, shells, blouses, pants, skirts and dresses as well as some accessories such as earrings, necklaces and handbags.
The dressing rooms aren’t big, but they are very clean, have a sufficient number of hooks and a mirror inside. Imagine that, you actually don’t have to leave the dressing room to admire your reflection, in front of a bunch of strangers!
YZZA offers a loyalty program. A salesperson will sign you up on the spot, if you wish, and give you a ‘Y Card’ right away. Every time you make a purchase at YZZA you present your card and collect 1 point for every dollar spent before taxes. Once you have accumulated 300 points, they mail you a $15 gift certificate. The card can also be used for 10% of any purchase during the week of your birthday (you must present your Y Card and proof of birth).
I did purchase a lace cotton blouse in a beautiful turquoise colour and a white t-shirt covered in a silver metallic floral print. I will definitely be making many return visits to check out new stock, to see if some of the items I tried on get marked down even further and to keep my eye on a really great top that I’m not quite convinced to pay full price for, but it did show “the girls” off really well. My only complaint is their website needs a lot of work. It doesn’t really show much in the way of the clothing they carry.