Friday, June 8, 2007

Let's Talk Makeup

I haven't had the chance to do much shopping lately, but wanted to post something new before the weekend, so I thought I'd mention a few of my favourites.
Rimmel has a new/limited edition line called Rimmel Underground. Their print materials refer to the line as "edgy fun". The sleek, simple packaging and great choice of colours had me running around to every Shoppers Drugmart in the GTA desparately trying to locate the line. Unfortunately, only Wal***t carries it. I opted for the Gloss Over lip gloss in Hot To Trot which consists of six stripes of gloss in various orange and gold shades and the Eyeful glistening eye colour in Straight Laces, an irredescent mauve. I regret not picking up the Stir It Up sparkle infused cream eyeshadow that combines both cream and powder shadows and looks like a speckled easter egg. Rimmell Underground is definately for those not afraid of colour, but at such reasonable prices, even the shy can afford to try it out. Also available at PharmaPlus and Zellers.

MARK is a line of cosmetics developed by AVON to appeal to the "younger crowd". My favourite MARK products are the hook-ups. You choose two items from a variety of eye shadows, eye liners, lipsticks, lipglosses and shimmer powders and hook the two together (the connecting device is provided free). The two products attached together are shorter than the average pen, making it easy to fit into an already over-stuffed purse. I've done a lipstick/lipgloss combo; love that the lipgloss wasn't sticky. I now have an
i-sheer/eyeliner combo in champagne/callisto which gives you that perfect done, but not overdone, look for summer.

MAC is always coming out with limited edition lines and Moonbathe is their most recent. I am quite partial to their Honey Moon lipstick and Cosmic eyeshadow. They provide just enough colour so you don't feel "naked" but do feel like you made an effort.