Friday, June 29, 2007

Forever 21 - Disappointment and A Mystery

So excited. So looking forward to checking them out. So disappointed. I was in and out of the store in 15 minutes, and it was crowded. The store is two floors and there's tons of merchandise, but nothing to rave about.
The sizing is quite small. I found one XL tank top but it was neither extra nor large. A lot of the jewellery was brightly coloured wood or plastic, not my thing, but I did find a cute pair of gold butterfly chandelier earrings. The only other thing that caught my eye was a great metallic, silver fold-over clutch for $20.
The clothing wasn't any different from most other stores. You could probably go across the street to H&M and find the same things. Upstairs there was a section that had very trendy, clubbing clothes which were definately more interesting. I think the biggest disappoinment was the prices. I expected them to be much lower.
Now, if they were selling the great chandeliers, massive candelabras and antique styles tables used as display and decor items, I would have left the store incredibly ecstatic and a few hundred dollars poorer. I'd recommend visiting this store just to see these items.
The mystery - the large, empty wooden crate just inside the door. It not only took up valuable space, it looked awful. Everyone knows you must always have all packaging put/hidden away before the doors open.