Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Nude" Nails

Sometimes I buy a nail polish simply because the name appeals to me (I do have to at least slightly like the colour). I couldn't refuse the new OPI for Sephora colour made just for Canadian stores - Going Nude, Eh? It's a very pale beige colour which doesn't appeal to me but works great as a backdrop to nail designs and decals. Not the easiests of colours to apply, it goes on rather streaky even with base coat and only doing thin layers. It's also not very forgiving if you smudge, dent or ding your nails before they fully dry (the high humidity was probably why it didn't dry as quickly as polish usually does). I would definately leave the application of this to the pros next time and ask to have interlocking C's drawn on my thumbs and "quilting" on my pinkies in black or deep navy blue. The photos below show two coats of polish with a topcoat. Nail decals are from Claire's.