Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Let's Talk Nails

Received my September issue Elle Canada last week and was very excited to see the ad for OPI's fall line called Swiss Collection. Twelve colours are in the collection of mostly jewel tones and I will definately be checking out Diva of Geneva and Yodel Me on My Cell.

Today I received my Sept issue of LouLou and they had an ad for Essie's fall collection based on fashion. Limited Addiction and Velvet Voyeur are the ones catching my eye but I have a feeling In Stitches probably looks better than the colour sqaure in the ad.

I tried Chic Prints (Sephora by OPI) design appliques a while back and was impressed by how easy they were to apply. These are based on the Minx nail designs that you can have professionally done in a salon and last from 7-10 days. Chic Prints are adhesive strips that you can apply yourself and last 1-2 days. The design I chose was skulls which ended up being a little disappointing as the skulls were only on the thumb and big toe sizes (you can do a mani or a pedi with them). As much as I liked them, half of them only lasted about 5hrs, but I think the fact that 3 of those hours were spent in the pouring rain at a concert probably has a litle something to do with it. Next time I'll put the $20 towards the $40 cost of having Minx done as they last longer and offer many more designs.